WORKDAY FINANCIALS SOLUTION ARCHITECT
Focus Cloud is world-class recruitment organisation specialised on Workday. We support the most exciting companies involved in the Workday ecosystem, from Workday Partners to End Clients.
We are currently recruiting on behalf of a leading Workday Partner, growing massively organically and via acquisitions. To support them in their growth we are seeking for a talented Workday Financials Solution Architect to joiun their team in Canada or US
MAIN PURPOSE OF THE ROLE & RESPONSIBILITIES IN THE BUSINESS:
As a Workday Financials Solutions Architect, you’ll be a lead consultant in implementing and configuring Workday solutions for our global customer base and an expert in your chosen Workday specialist capability or capabilities – such as Recruitment, Time tracking, Payroll, Projects etc.
As an expert in a team of consultants, you will manage relationships with our customers, and shape and deliver solutions that are aligned to customer needs, fit for purpose and commercially viable. You’ll provide excellent consulting and guidance to customers, truly understanding their business.
You’ll be an expert in your capability, using your technical and professional expertise to mentor and guide your team members in that capability, providing thought leadership and innovation building and improving specialist knowledge in your capability or capabilities as well as the broader Workday community.
MINIMUM (ESSENTIAL) REQUIREMENTS:
- Deep understanding of Workday products either/or Financials/Payroll as well as your specialist Capability (Product Lead in the Workday ecosystem is ideal but not mandatory)
- Excellent customer focus, able to assess customer needs, build relationships and manage customer expectations. You will be able to intervene effectively and resolve customer escalations appropriately
- Excellent communicator, able to communicate with customers and colleagues with impact and credibility. Sound ability to formally present to senior Client audiences and at conferences e.g. Workday Altitude
- Strong commercial awareness and complete understanding of project and business dynamics
- Broad business and technology experience and a good awareness of industry trends and their potential impact on product
- Ability to work to tight deadlines and make sensible decisions under pressure taking a balanced view of customer demands and commercials
- Ability to widen and maintain a network of external contacts
- Excellent consulting skills e.g. leading largescale workshops with multiple stakeholders, liaising confidently and effectively with senior executives
- An emerging capability expert driving thought leadership e.g. production of blog posts
- An emerging role model within our client and wider Workday ecosystem
- Regular participant in sales activities and responsible providing input to work estimates
- Understanding of risk management and able to manage risk within the capability
- Support the operations function ensure that our consultant pool is used in the most commercially advantageous way, balancing development needs and personal preferences
- Commercial understanding of utilisation within a services organisation and the importance of these targets
- Able to rotate through various Workday delivery services specifically Consulting and Application Management Services
- For Application Management Services, able to deliver work to meet defined Service Level Agreements
- Able, if required, to travel to customer sites in the same region (minimal out of region travel may also be required)
- Professional qualifications where applicable in your Capability
- Develop and deliver products/offerings and services that differentiate our client in the marketplace
- Identify talent for rapid development within the capability
- Experience of managing, mentoring and developing teams
Your role may or may not involve managing people. Where you do have people to manage your responsibilities may include:
- Agreeing, setting and reviewing your and your team’s goals
- Providing support so that your and your team’s goals can be achieved
- Reviewing and refining goals for relevance and to keep performance on track
- Reviewing performance against goals and provide feedback
- Conducting 1:1 monthly and/or project completion feedback meetings
- Requesting and providing regular feedback in workday
- Completing end of year reviews and agreeing the outcomes for the year
- Identifying training to support your and your team’s development
- Pursuing and supporting your and your team members’ career paths and progression
- Reviewing weekly workload forecasting (staff allocations and timesheet checks) and utilisation
- Actively being involved in recruitment/interviews
This a fantastic opportunity to join an international Workday Partner with a well-established name in the ecosystem.
Apply directly or e-mail your resume at firstname.lastname@example.org for a confidential discussion!